Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wacky Wednesday: Go Read a Book!


Yes, I did. I took the title of my Wednesday blog segment from the Dr. Seuss book (credited to "Theo LeSieg" on its cover -- one of his pseudonyms). Theodore Geisel has been on my mind for a few days, as I just finished reading a biography about him written for the "Who Was?" series, Who Was Dr. Seuss?


I really enjoy this series of books, and think that they are a great way for children to be introduced to nonfiction, and the genre of biography. 

So, today's Wacky Wednesday advice is simple: Go read a book. Like, now. TODAY. Make it a children's book, something that you will finish in one sitting. The educator in all of us -- teachers, parents, caretakers -- needs to be nourished, and a good book is worth the time, no matter the age group for whom it is targeted. When you are done, find a child with whom you can share the book and your impressions of it. Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment